jQuery can be used to create very beautiful and elegant navigation menus. Navigation menus, in any site offering a lot of materials are of a lot of importance as it helps one to move through all the available information on the site with a lot of ease.
With jQuery, it becomes very easy to design navigation menus that really stands out of the crowd. In this post, we present you 10 really stunning jQuery based navigation menus.
1. Animated Menus using jQuery – The power and attractiveness in a menu comes in the animated features of it, like fading and dissolving on a click. A jQuery animated effect menu is very easy to create. It uses simple tools and takes little time than the conventional ones.
2. jQuery tabbed interface – A tabbed Interface is one in which several pages are opened using different tabs, so that they become easily accessible in a single click. This is available in most of the modern web browsers presently. Creating your own tabbed interface with slide up/slide down effect is really easy using jQuery.
3. Animated Navigation with CSS and jQuery – jQuery tools can also be used in order to design animated tools, which help the user in browsing a website in a more efficient way. With Adobe Flash taking more space and resources, this seems a more viable and less space and time consuming option.
4. Sliding Menus – Sliding menus are other means to exploit the space. It also provides the users with more functionality in a particular space. With jQuery, Sliding menus can be created much easily. Various design templates are available in the jQuery.
5. jqDock – We can create a much more attractive Dock style menu as available in Mac OS for accessing resources in a click, and it is handier. Mac Menus can be designed both in the horizontal way, as well as vertical depending upon the choice. With jQuery tools it becomes easy with just some simple steps.
6. Kwicks for jQuery – A Kwick is an organization of different options in a card arrangement which comes on top when you move your mouse over it. jQuery allows this with certain modifications, and more features included.
8. jQuery File Tree – A File tree is always necessary for easily exploring the computer’s resources, and different files and folders stored in your hard disk can be accessible in a tree structure where a folder can expand or collapse on clicking on the + sign, or the – sign. You can customize your File tree according to your wish, and also use it for PHP, and .NET frameworks, to make things easier.
9. Moo-tools homepage – It is an attractive homepage with various tabs, and menus placed to give it a more organized layout. The menus are animated and drop down, and the tables are also much more customized as well as adjustable. jQuery provides great tools for adjustment with it.
10. jQuery MB menu – This type of a menu helps to represent a tree structure in a much better way, with the tree contents exposing on the movement of the mouse pointer on the folder icon. It is more powerful with an additional right click options included with different submenu declarations using jQuery.
These are a few examples of navigation menus designed using jQuery. If you know any other jQuery based navigation menu that you would like to recommend, share it to us via the comment section.