Plivo is a Communications Framework to rapidly build voice based apps, to make or receive calls, using your existing web development skills and your existing infrastructure.
- Communications Framework – Plivo is a framework which provides web developers with basic building blocks to create voice based apps in the form of RESTXML (a small set of specific XML elements that can control a call) and RESTAPI (REST-based APIs). So developers can completely do away with learning the nitty-gritty of a telephony engine.
- Rapidly build voice based apps – Next-gen voice apps need to integrate with external entities like DBs, Social Networks, External APIs etc. When apps are written from within a telephony engine, this integration tends to consume a lot of time. Plivo catalyzes this process.
- Existing web development skills – Plivo can be used by any web developer – be it Java, .NET, node.js, Perl, PHP, Python or Ruby.
- Existing infrastructure – Plivo values your freedom. Developers using Plivo can run applications from their preferred hosting solution and they also get to choose their preferred carrier(s).
- Website: http://www.plivo.org/