Apple has just released a minor update to its Mac OS X platform. Version 10.7.3 comes with minor bug fixes and improvements. The update has been released for the public, meaning anyone with an OS X Lion compatible computer can download Lion 10.7.3.
Mac OS X Lion was released in July last year. Apple touts it as the world’s most advanced OS. Lion is the first ever OS release that was available for download only. Apple is not selling it in stores, on discs. Mac OS X Lion comes with a plethora of new features such as Launchpad, fullscreen apps etc.
Since its initial release in July, Mac OS X Lion has received several minor updates. These updates don’t actually bring new features. Apple releases minor updates in order to fix various bugs and patch security vulnerabilities. The particular update, Mac OS X Lion version 10.7.3 is no different. It is advised that you download this update at the earliest so that your machine is safe against any bugs or exploits.
Mac OS X Lion 10.7.3 release notes:
The OS X Lion v10.7.3 Update includes Safari 5.1.3 and fixes that:
- Add Catalan, Croatian, Greek, Hebrew, Romanian, Slovak, Thai, and Ukrainian language support
- Address issues when using smart cards to log into OS X
- Address compatibility issues with Microsoft Windows file sharing
- Address an issue printing Microsoft Word documents that use markup
- Address a graphics performance issue after sleep on some earlier iMacs that use ATI graphics
- Resolve a Wi-Fi connection issue when waking from sleep
- Address an issue that may prevent Safari from opening before joining a wireless network
- Fix a potential issue authenticating to an SMB DFS share
- Include RAW image compatibility for additional digital cameras
If you have a Mac, it is very easy to get this update. Either you can download Mac OS X Lion 10.7.3 from the direct links given below or you can go to the Apple Menu and click on Software Update. After it’s done refreshing, you will automatically be prompted that a new update is available. Safari 5.1.3 is also available as a separate download from Software Update.